Sunday, February 27, 2011

Jumbled Morning Thoughts

Gosh I feel like I have a lot to say but to organize my thoughts would take way too long.  So I'm making a list.  That seems like the easy way for me to do things.

*My fish almost died last night.  It was traumatic.  I was cleaning out his bowl (because after getting home from a night of hanging out with friends I could think of nothing better to do than clean out Coco's bowl).  I got a little cup ready for him to wait in while I cleaned his actual bowl.  I scooped him out in the little green net thing and as I was attempting to transfer him to the "waiting bowl"...brace yourself this is horrible...he JUMPED INTO THE SINK!!!  I was like "Uhmm...what the trash Coco, I knew you were sad about your bowl being dirty but you don't need to kill youself."  So Daniel, Billy and I staged an intervention.  I called Derek because I was so upset and he said that Coco would be fine, that he just had a concussion.  I called my mom (yes, she was in bed because it was an ungodly hour of the night/morning) and she said she was really sorry, she hoped my fish survived and that she was going back to bed.  Then I sat and talked to my fish for awhile.  This morning he was still alive so I guess the intervention worked.  Maybe he needs fishy therapy or something.

*I found things to add to my file of things I want for my house/apartment.  I hope to have a house someday so I usually say house, but in reality it's just an apartment right now.  I keep looking at sheets online.  I want new sheets so bad I dream about them.  Really.  I dreamt about changing my sheets last night.  Tell me that's not bizarre.  I keep looking for the perfect ones, but I keep coming back to the purple-ish ones, which is odd because purple is not my favorite color.

*Yesterday I had lunch with my birth father, his wife and his stepson.  It was great.  Daniel went with me but he didn't really have anything to say (cause he doesn't know them ya know) so he was mostly just there to make me feel better with his presence.  The only thing that would have made the day better would have been if Alisa had been there.  I hate times like this when we don't talk and she lives a million miles away and I want to fix it but don't know how.  It literally makes my heart hurt.

*I am supposed to be working right now.  I have the bulletins printed but not folded.  Whoops.  Apparently Ben taught my Sunday School class last week and they learned about David and Goliath.  So today we are expanding on that lesson with a project.  Fun times.  Then it will be almost time to start teaching about Easter.  I love this time of year as far as teaching Sunday School because it's great to teach and fairly easy to find hands on things for them to do.  Oh, and I finally remembered to bring my craft sticks so they can finish their puppets today.  Whew!

*I hate not having the internet at my house.  I would get internet before I would get cable I think.  Then I could post random things every day.  Also, whenever I post the time stamp on my post is like two hours earlier than the actual time.  Like right now it says "Draft saved at 8:52 AM" but when I post it will say like 6:52 AM.  So strange.  I don't know how to fix it because I'm not a computer genius.  Maybe I should call Dana.  Hmm...

That's all for now.  I am formulating a post in my head, but don't have time to get it all on there right now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment