Thursday, January 20, 2011

Ten Random Things...

Today is a snow day.  Another snow day.  That means I am losing a day off of my already painfully short Spring Break.  It makes me miss the days of college when Spring Break was a week long and there really were no such thing as snow days.  I mean, I know I should be thankful that I had a whole day off of work when most people still have to go to work no matter the weather.  I worry about people who have to drive to work when the weather is bad.  Really, I do.  I guess I would rather have something to do than just hang out at my parents' house.  Thank goodness I had a few episodes of Jersey Shore on the DVR that I hadn't watched yet.  In any case being quazi bored all day has led to me generating this list. 

Ten Random Things I'm Thinking About Right Now
1.  I love peanut butter.  Like, really really a lot.  I could eat a peanut butter sandwich every single day for lunch and be perfectly happy.  I like to stir honey into peanut butter.  I like to put jelly on it.  I have always wanted to make a peanut butter and banana sandwich, but have never tried.  I just think peanut butter is great.  Whoever figured out that if you smush peanuts and add a few other things it would make peanut butter...you are my hero.

2.  How did people ever feel safe on the road before they had cell phones?  I drove to my mom's house today and I was frantic thinking about what would happen if I wrecked.  I actually said out loud to myself "at least I have a cell phone".  If I did not have a cell phone I mean yes, I could walk to the closest house and call for help, but I seriously feel panicky just thinking about being stranded somwhere without help.  Strange.

3.  Magazines fascinate me.  It doesn't even matter what they are about for real.  I read a magazine at my mom's house today that I was not even really interested in, I just picked it up.  I like reading different articles and find most writers have a sarcastic wit that I can really appreciate.

4.  Snow is beautiful.  It can be disastrous, but it is just so dang beautiful.  Being here I can look out across fields and see totally beautiful, white, shiny, untouched snow and it amazes me.

5.  I love to plan things.  I have files on my computer for my future.  Things that may or may not ever happen.  I have a wedding file.  A house file.  A funeral file.  Really.  I think it's because I am a control freak.  I have furniture picked out for a house that I may never own.  Maybe I'm crazy.

6.  My purple sweatpants might be the ugliest pants I own, but they are also probably the second most comfortable piece of clothing I own.  So I love them.  And I wore them today cause I could.  My mom hates sweatpants so she is slightly annoyed that I have them on.  Ha!

7.  I want to throw a really great party.  A super chic, totally awesome dinner party.  I want people to tell me that I am a great hostess.  I know, it's selfish, but I want this really bad.

8.  I am planning on making some super cute cards for my friends next month.  I found some great designs today that I want to try and use.  I hope I can make them look at cute as the ones online did.

9.  I want VERY badly to learn to speak Spanish.  There are lots of reasons and tons of things I could say about this...but it would take too long to explain.  I just want to speak Spanish.

10.  My friends amaze me.  Seriously amaze me.  There are times when I am just in awe of the fact that I have such great friends.  I am blessed.

That's all for now.  I am working on writing something about my love of superheroes...but it probably won't be posted today.  It's taking too long to make perfect!!  <3

1 comment:

  1. 1.Have you tried natural peanut butter, the kind without sugar where it has the oil on top and you have to stir and it's super thick? Because it totally rocked my world a few years ago and I've never been able to switch back.
    2. I have totally thought about this before. It does indeed seem odd.
    5. I have more files on my computer than I know what to do with! I too am a planner and appreciate this in you!
    6. The only sweatpants I can seem to stand are G's from tech school. Even then, the elastic on the ankles bugs me.
    7. Me too! But I'm afraid of messing it up, so I generally throw very simple dinners.

    Oh, and you amaze me. I was thinking of you yesterday, wondering how you were.

    ReplyDelete