Today is a snow day. Another snow day. That means I am losing a day off of my already painfully short Spring Break. It makes me miss the days of college when Spring Break was a week long and there really were no such thing as snow days. I mean, I know I should be thankful that I had a whole day off of work when most people still have to go to work no matter the weather. I worry about people who have to drive to work when the weather is bad. Really, I do. I guess I would rather have something to do than just hang out at my parents' house. Thank goodness I had a few episodes of Jersey Shore on the DVR that I hadn't watched yet. In any case being quazi bored all day has led to me generating this list.
Ten Random Things I'm Thinking About Right Now
1. I love peanut butter. Like, really really a lot. I could eat a peanut butter sandwich every single day for lunch and be perfectly happy. I like to stir honey into peanut butter. I like to put jelly on it. I have always wanted to make a peanut butter and banana sandwich, but have never tried. I just think peanut butter is great. Whoever figured out that if you smush peanuts and add a few other things it would make peanut butter...you are my hero.
2. How did people ever feel safe on the road before they had cell phones? I drove to my mom's house today and I was frantic thinking about what would happen if I wrecked. I actually said out loud to myself "at least I have a cell phone". If I did not have a cell phone I mean yes, I could walk to the closest house and call for help, but I seriously feel panicky just thinking about being stranded somwhere without help. Strange.
3. Magazines fascinate me. It doesn't even matter what they are about for real. I read a magazine at my mom's house today that I was not even really interested in, I just picked it up. I like reading different articles and find most writers have a sarcastic wit that I can really appreciate.
4. Snow is beautiful. It can be disastrous, but it is just so dang beautiful. Being here I can look out across fields and see totally beautiful, white, shiny, untouched snow and it amazes me.
5. I love to plan things. I have files on my computer for my future. Things that may or may not ever happen. I have a wedding file. A house file. A funeral file. Really. I think it's because I am a control freak. I have furniture picked out for a house that I may never own. Maybe I'm crazy.
6. My purple sweatpants might be the ugliest pants I own, but they are also probably the second most comfortable piece of clothing I own. So I love them. And I wore them today cause I could. My mom hates sweatpants so she is slightly annoyed that I have them on. Ha!
7. I want to throw a really great party. A super chic, totally awesome dinner party. I want people to tell me that I am a great hostess. I know, it's selfish, but I want this really bad.
8. I am planning on making some super cute cards for my friends next month. I found some great designs today that I want to try and use. I hope I can make them look at cute as the ones online did.
9. I want VERY badly to learn to speak Spanish. There are lots of reasons and tons of things I could say about this...but it would take too long to explain. I just want to speak Spanish.
10. My friends amaze me. Seriously amaze me. There are times when I am just in awe of the fact that I have such great friends. I am blessed.
That's all for now. I am working on writing something about my love of superheroes...but it probably won't be posted today. It's taking too long to make perfect!! <3